Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Which company is this?

Can you imagine working at the following Company?

It has a little over 500 employees with the following statistics:

29 have been accused of spousal abuse
7 have been arrested for fraud
19 have been accused of writing bad checks
117 have bankrupted at least two businesses
3 have been arrested for assault
71 cannot get a credit card due to bad credit
14 have been arrested on drug-related charges
8 have been arrested for shoplifting
21 are current defendants in lawsuits
84 were stopped for drunk driving ( in 1998 alone)

Can you guess which organization this is?

3 comments:

  1. My guess is the United States House or Senate. I could be way off, but I am sensing some sarcasm so I not going to guess an actual company. Maybe it is the Presidents office?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're right Jarrod. US Senate (100) + HoR (435) = 535. Upon googling congress spousal abuse, I found Brent's list at the top of the list:

    http://www.snopes.com/politics/crime/congress.asp

    The list appears to have originated from an e-mail 10 years ago based on what is described at breakthechain.org as an anti-establishment publication, Capitol Hill Blue. I'm inclined to not believe the statistics simply because I saw the exact same list of statistics on numerous pages. It seems to me well-researched information rarely gets spread that quickly & exactly (and never officially with a reference), but rather it's the shocking or anecdotal bits that take off like gangbusters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I'd like to find out how much of this is true. I think most of this is probably true but keep in mind there is probably a lot of overlap between accusations. The same congressman who bankrupted two businesses may also be a defendant in ongoing litigation, have a DUI, arrested for fraud, abused his spouse, accused of bad checks, etc.

    ReplyDelete