Sunday, May 22, 2011

Podcast Review: Wall Street Journal This Morning

Title
Wall Street Journal This Morning

Publisher

Host
Gordon Deal

Publication Information
Daily Podcast 6x per week (not Sundays)
~35 minutes in length

Reason for Listening
I've started listening to podcasts regularly again since I have a home computer instead of using my work computer. Driving to Lansing for my internship on a daily basis, I'm getting plenty of opportunities to listen to a bunch of them, so I'm trying to get a good assortment of news. This seemed an obvious choice to try as I hoped it would give me a decent summary of business news.

Review
Overall I've been pretty disappointed with almost every aspect of this podcast. The presentation is much like any general morning show on a regular music radio station. The host Gordon Deal makes frequent stupid jokes and the topics covered vary from legitimate important news to total fluff (in my opinion). Granted, a lot of the fluff is stuff that's also covered on other news channels, but it seems like they stay on them longer than others.

Overall Opinion
Like I said, I haven't been very impressed with this podcast. I'll keep trying it for another week or two just to give it an honest shot. But if I find another source that's also good, I may replace it sooner.

1 comment:

  1. I have never heard this podcast, could you give some examples or samples. Wsj sucks in general though.

    Might I suggest The Ricky Gervais Show? Gleeman supports it on ag.com.

    ReplyDelete